Hydraulic didactic bench for aeronautical maintenance
The aeronautical hydraulic bench provides the best conditions to learners so as they understand the technical specificities and the safety constraints related to the hydraulic aeronautics
Learning the hydraulic aeronautical maintenance
This didactic equipment has been specially designed for the learning of hydraulic aeronautical maintenance
The purpose of this bench is to provide the best learning and safety conditions to learners while combining to these didactic equipments some hydraulic industrial components suitable for the aeronautics requirements
These didactic equipments ensure the learners and trainers’ safety as well as avoid them to be in contact with high toxicity hydraulic fluids and high pressures as the ones met on aircrafts
Students practice on a didactic aeronautical laboratory, specially designed with hydraulic components from high branded industrial technology which has the advantage to be less expensive than aeronautical equipments. They learn the maintenance of airplanes/helicopter hydraulic circuits in a playful approach
The Aérocampus of Bordeaux (south western France), experts in aeronautics maintenance have thus helped us to design this electro-hydraulic control desk and its operative parts which allow to place learners in situation with a didactic material taking again the specificities of the aeronautical field.
We relied on the skills and experience of a teacher graduated from the French National Education and former mechanical engineer sailing in the French Air Force Yoann Gac, to develop this complete training equipment.
Purpose of this educational equipment
The educational goal is to identify the different components of an aeronautical hydraulic kinematic chain of aircraft (landing gear, flap control), to connect them hydraulically and electrically thanks to the different components modules and the electric power unit control and this, while respecting the safety conditions essential to this profession.
This is why we made the choice to combine the operating parts, to double the hydraulic and electrical safeties as well as to protect the hoses from jet socks and anti-whip cables.
We have also created a black box, only reachable by the teaching staff, which makes it possible to trigger electrical failures on the circuits.
A trouble shooting kit is also supplied to enable the diagnose hydraulic failures at different places of circuitry.
Our bench allows carrying out and achieving practical works in the best conditions for learners so that they can understand the technical specificities related to the hydraulic field aeronautics.
Technical Skills related to this aeronautical didactic bench
This educational aeronautical bench enables to develop the following skills:
- Using a technical documentation
- Taking into account the hydraulic dangers
- Securing an hydraulic circuit
- Preparing a technical intervention
- Installing and removing subassemblies
- Tuning subassemblies
- Running some trials
- Performing troubleshooting and repairs
- Performing checks further to an intervention
- Monitoring a part of an aircraft
- Communicating information in an aeronautics environment
Associated knowledge with this didactic bench
Functional and structural analysis :
- System Description :
- Model associated with a system: environment and limit of in/out flowing system (matter, energy, information)
- Functions constituting the system: the type of the information and its processing: analogue, digital, the information channel.
- The energy chain:
- power supply
- energy transmission
- The chain of action:
- Functional descriptions of hydraulic elements and their associated symbols (diagrams, drawings)
- Analysis of an element, connection between a part, an element, a component and the system; bond graph
- Mechanical systems :
- Modelling mechanical action
- Electrical Systems :
- DC Power generation
- Digital technologies and digital systems :
- Electronic instrumentation systems
- Digital Display
- Servo – controlled and regulated systems
Aeronautical maintenance practices and processes
- Aeronautical documentation (AMM, IPC, TSM)
- Safety measures :
- Precautions with respect to electricity, hydraulic oils and chemical products
- Instructions for corrective to be taken.
- Tools :
- Tools for aircraft mechanic/ B1
- Tools for aircraft mechanic B2
- Metrology equipment
- Techniques for Connection :
- Adjustement method :
- Inspection technique :
- Area Inspection :
- Visual checks of different compenents
- techniques using visual and instrument assessment to detect a damage
- techniques for visual checks of the sealing
- techniques for visual and instrucment check of fixed parts ;
- Comparison techniques of default / damages and of the non compliance criteria
- Area Inspection :
- Diagnostics and testing:
- Hydraulic general test equipment;
- Troubleshooting techniques
- Appropriate precautions with respect for hydraulics and electricity
- Techniques and rules for the implementation of electrical cables and connectors
- Technique for installing and removing some parts :
- Mechanical technology
- Constructive solutions (mechanical connections)
- Piping and coupling :
- Identification of the different hoses types and the connectors.
- Electrical technology
- Power cables, relays and connectors
- Standard electrical assemblies
- Electronic and digital systems used on aircraft
- Digital nozzles
Control and wiring desk
- 1 power unit with 2 hydraulic circuits + safety control
- Safety control with hand pump
- 70 Liters steel tank with breather screw, lead-sealed pressure relief valve 120 bar, visual and electric level, filter
- CETOP 3 function block with 4/2 distributor and secondary pressure relief valve
- Adjusted 80 bar secondary circuitry allowing taking over
- Safety control with hand pump PM50 12/25/45 and with stick
- Cooling circuit 2015 K-380V with safety thermostat
ECAM visual PLC screen
This new generation industrial HMI automaton represents an Ecam screen that you usually find in aircraft cockpits.
You will be able to visualize during the operating cycles of the operative parts, landing gear and flap (Wheel and Flapi), the proper functioning of the movement sequences thanks to the sensors connected to the PLC and the LEDs on the landing gear & flap control panel.
A “Hydraulic Diagram” tab will be accessible for students to apprehend the different hydraulic and electrical circuits of the equipment.
You will also have the possibility to access to the practical work and some videos since this automaton has the particular feature of reading PDF and mp3 formats.
A “Graph” tab is available for interpreting and analyzing curves related to flow, pressure or temperature.
Operative part: Landing gear POTA-V2
This operative part “Landing Gear” reproduces the same gear and trapdoor opening cycle kinematic as the majority of aircraft. The trapdoor opens thanks to a hydraulic cylinder and goes to find its blocking position, then the gear, also controlled by a cylinder, unfolds and to complete the cycle, the trapdoor closes itself.
The different steps of the cycle are validated by sensors that allow or not the control of the next movement.
Operative part: Flap POV-V2
We have recreated the kinematics of a flap with the possibility of an “ON/OFF” hydraulic control but also in proportional control. The digital card and its software integrated in the PCA-V2 desk will allow you to control the movement of the open-loop or position-controlled flap with its linear potentiometric regulation (4 closed-loop positions with 4 position sensors).
A compass is installed on this flap and communicates an angular displacement of this one.